Welcome to a new year! How crazy is it that 2018 is here? We’re now living January. The resolutions are being made, the gym memberships renewed, and the decluttering commenced. The world feels fresh and new with just a hint of sparkle as you crack open that 2018 planner for the first time and put pen to paper.
I love to love January. It’s a beautiful month full of hope and energy – now, how to transfer that into the rest of the year?
Every year I like to take a spin on the classic resolution-making time and instead establish a year-long memo to myself. This post is the proverbial strong around the finger. It’s a reminder rather than a resolution. A reminder to myself to continue the things I’m already striving for.
So what is that? What am I striving to remember this year?
- Quality over Quantity
- Time Spent Slow Is Time Well Spent
- Living a Life of Intent
- Be Eager to Learn
This year is a year of intention for this blog and for my life. That can take the form of so many things – but rather than listing out what I want to do, it’s better to remind myself what I don’t want to do.
- I don’t want to fill my life with items I want in the moment but don’t need for a lifetime.
- I don’t want to fill my time with purposeless acts in order to fill a day that doesn’t need to be full.
- I don’t want to stop learning.
- I don’t want to be so busy I forget how to live.
It’s a little backward but this is motto – my memo to myself. And as you read this blog through the next year look for those don’ts and feel free to chime in with yours!