So this post is live by popular request. I personally love snooping around in other people’s personal spaces and it just never occurred to me that other people are just as nosy – but in a good way! So when I got floods of DMs after posting a boomerang of my office space the other day I put this post on the content calendar.
We always like to call our office a work in progress because there are just so many cool things to buy over time, but it’s currently in a pretty good state so I wanted to take a few photos and share my view 90% of the day. Like I mentioned in yesterday’s post we are slowly working to curate an indoor jungle so it should be no surprise that the office space is also filled with plant life – some artificial, some real – but all working to create a beautiful, calm workspace.
I truly think the environment you work in has a direct impact on the work you produce. If I’m having an ‘off day’ where nothing is working the way I want it to, I often take a step back, rearrange some elements in my space, enjoy the view and things typically come back into focus.
So here are some of my essentials to create a beautiful workspace.
- Comfy desk chair — If you’re going to be spending a decent amount of time sitting at a desk you need to find a chair that works for you. Lee did so much research before purchasing our desk chairs and beautiful design aside it’s one of the most comfortable chairs I’ve ever sat in.
- Plants – this goes without saying that I like to fill my life with living things. From flowers to plants, my desk area is filled. But, if you’re not quite comfortable in your green thumb abilities getting a quality artificial plant is so worth the investment. The bamboo plant to the left of my desk is actually artificial from this company (which also happen to sell such good quality indoor and outdoor plants. If you’re in the middle of a home renovation, or just want to spruce it up for spring check out Hedgescapes. *It’s also been a dream of mine to create a backyard like a traditional English garden so when that time comes you best believe I’ve got my eye on this boxwood hedge.
- Decor that inspires you – My two prints are from Rifle Paper Co (if you’re a longtime reader of the blog you know this may be one of my favorite home decor/ paper goods brand) and have both been gifts from Lee. They’re beautiful and so unique and bring me so much joy every time I look at them.
- Desk accessories that are both functional and pretty – I’m such a huge advocate for only buying things you absolutely love and this extends to my desk area. I have a pen holder, card rack, small catch-all bowl, and some notebooks on my desk. Clean simple but so beautiful.
- Good computer (and second monitor) — I am so blessed to be able to have both a good working laptop as well as a second monitor that stays put on my desk. The bigger screen is perfect for editing photos while I love the mobility of my laptop.
Favorite Accessories to Add To Your Workspace