So this post is live by popular request. I personally love snooping around in other people’s personal spaces and it just never occurred to me that other people are just as nosy – but in a good way! So when I got floods of DMs after posting a boomerang of my office space the other day I put this post on the content calendar.
We always like to call our office a work in progress because there are just so many cool things to buy over time, but it’s currently in a pretty good state so I wanted to take a few photos and share my view 90% of the day. Like I mentioned in yesterday’s post we are slowly working to curate an indoor jungle so it should be no surprise that the office space is also filled with plant life – some artificial, some real – but all working to create a beautiful, calm workspace.
I truly think the environment you work in has a direct impact on the work you produce. If I’m having an ‘off day’ where nothing is working the way I want it to, I often take a step back, rearrange some elements in my space, enjoy the view and things typically come back into focus.
So here are some of my essentials to create a beautiful workspace.
- Comfy desk chair — If you’re going to be spending a decent amount of time sitting at a desk you need to find a chair that works for you. Lee did so much research before purchasing our desk chairs and beautiful design aside it’s one of the most comfortable chairs I’ve ever sat in.
- Plants – this goes without saying that I like to fill my life with living things. From flowers to plants, my desk area is filled. But, if you’re not quite comfortable in your green thumb abilities getting a quality artificial plant is so worth the investment. The bamboo plant to the left of my desk is actually artificial (something you would never know unless you asked!)
- Decor that inspires you – My two prints are from Rifle Paper Co (if you’re a longtime reader of the blog you know this may be one of my favorite home decor/ paper goods brand) and have both been gifts from Lee. They’re beautiful and so unique and bring me so much joy every time I look at them.
- Desk accessories that are both functional and pretty – I’m such a huge advocate for only buying things you absolutely love and this extends to my desk area. I have a pen holder, card rack, small catch-all bowl, and some notebooks on my desk. Clean simple but so beautiful.
- Good computer (and second monitor) — I am so blessed to be able to have both a good working laptop as well as a second monitor that stays put on my desk. The bigger screen is perfect for editing photos while I love the mobility of my laptop.
Favorite Accessories to Add To Your Workspace